1) Don’t Let Your Skin Go Thirsty
We usually tend to drink less water in winters as we turn to hot drinks like coffee and tea, but don’t forget that your skin needs the same hydration. So, hydrate your skin by drinking plenty of water.
2) Don’t Lick…… Your lips we mean, what you were thinking? Naughty! If you do so, you are going to make your lips even more chapped. This winter keep a lip balm in your pouch and evenly apply it on your lips when you’re tempted!
3) No blow dry…. Alas! A blow dryer is not your friend in winter. Hot air coming out of the dryer can dry your scalp and irritate your skin too. So, get ready to miss your blow drier this cold season.
4) Why Expose Your Hands To The Cold? Get ready to wear scarves and gloves to protect your skin from chilly winds. Moreover, don’t forget to use sunscreen. Winter sun rays can be as detrimental as summer, so apply a good sunscreen to the exposed areas.
5) Use Lukewarm Water To Wash Your Face And Hands: Hot shower bath always feels good in winters, but try to use lukewarm water for washing your hands and face.
6) Moisturize Your Skin Immediately Afterwards: Moisturize your skin right after the bath. Applying moisturizer to the damp skin helps in retaining the dampness into the skin. Keep the bottle of moisturizer near your shower stall, bathtub, or at the sink and use it generously every time you wash.
7) Choose Moisturizer Carefully: Go the extra mile while choosing the moisturizer. Some over-the-counter skin moisturizers have petroleum-based constituents that can dry your skin in the winters. Be sure to choose the right moisturizer that has nourishing ingredients.
If you also know some best winter skincare tips, please don’t forget to share them with us. Your comments will be appreciated.