Skin pore clogging is one of the most common issues amongst teenagers (irrespective of male and female). Unless and until these clogged skin pores breakout into ugly & annoying pimples, we don’t even bother about them, right? Today, we are going to tell you some important tips to prevent acne, blackheads, whiteheads, and other similar breakouts eventually. So, just continue your reading.
If you have clogged pores, it will ultimately lead to the occurrence of blemishes on your skin. These are dark spots that are sure to compromise your appearance and overall look. Trust us, you do not want to have blemished skin at any cost. It is important to take corrective actions as fast as possible to rectify the problem.
What To Eat:
• Vitamin-rich (vitamin A, B6, C & E) foods including apricots, spinach, carrots, mangoes, eggs.
• Dark leafy green vegetables.
• Baked foods instead of oily fried junks.
• Zinc-rich foods like lean meat, nuts, skin-less chicken, seeds, etc.
• Calcium-rich veggies like broccoli, kale, collard greens, soybeans, etc.
• Fresh and dried fruits including cherries, plums, grapefruits, peaches, dates, etc.
• Different kinds of pulses, legumes, and dry beans.
• Protein-rich foods like meat, eggs, fish, beans, etc.
• Healthy fats found in cod liver oil, fish oil, nuts, avocado, fish, etc.
• Drink lots of water.
What Not To Eat:
Processed Foods: Processed or highly refined foods are easily available these days. But, they are not healthy for our body as well as skin. Even, most of them have high sugar content and excess glycemic index which cause insulin spikes, thereby clogged the skin pores gradually.
Fried Foods: You should also stay away from fried foods that contain unhealthy fat. Most of these foods are prepared using poor quality oils that are highly processed. Regular consumption of these foods can aggravate the skin pore-clogging.
Salt: Try to reduce the intake of salt in your diet. Excess salty food dehydrates your body more quickly and clogs your skin pores which result in acne and blemishes.
High-Glycemic Foods: When it comes to pore clogging, high-glycemic foods such as white bread, corn flakes, donuts, jelly beans, puffed wheat, bagels, corn chips, French bread, etc.. are considered the main culprit. They trigger the excess production of oil, which leads to clogged skin pores.
Candies & Chocolates: Treating yourself with candies and dark chocolates may turn out to be a cause for skin pores clogging. They are rich in sugar and milk, which stimulates the sebaceous glands, resulting in the pores clogged.